Monday, October 29, 2012

Party!

We had a birthday party yesterday for Mia, her birthday is actually on Halloween.
Cake, food, friends and fun!!!  Even the dog got into the fun.  I will be posting pictures to this post over the next few days-I took over 900 pics so there is a bit of time to process as you can imagine-and I seem to have lost my skills sooooooooooooooo some of the pics are not so clear.

I found a picture of the cake I wanted and had a local bakery http://sarasotacakes.manateepc.com/ here make it for us.  The Characters are from an Etsy shop  http://www.etsy.com/listing/79023341/ni-hao-kai-lan-inspired-fondant-cake and they made it here all the way from California without a glitch.  Mia's outfit also came from an Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/listing/59246202/custom-boutique-girl-clothing-red?ref=af_you_favitem.   I can't say enough great things about these 2 shops, as you can see her outfit is beautiful and the Kai Lan characters are just perfect!
Oh, there is a bunch of stuff that I made (found on Pinterest of course)  Rice Crispy Sushi, Cho dipped Marshmallows, Pinata (2), crowns, Embroidered the table cloths, Custom M&M's with Mia's pictures all them as well as the invitation that took me weeks to decide on just how I was going to make it.  I am glad to see this party has come and gone, it is exhausting to try and make /do everything I see- AND I started planning this party over 6 months ago!

Our theme..........what else ?  Kai Lan.  





Bitty baby (American Girl) from Uncle Steve & Aunt Raine

Uncle Peanut's gift

Spencer & Mia




Terri and Dakota

Mia's boyfriend Finn from Daycare....she makes sure he sits next to her everywhere.




Mia & Finn



Mia & Kathleen








It's not a party til someones crying.






Mia is plucking out the M&Ms with her picture on them.
Yep, the dog joined in on the fun!

2 comments:

John Rojas said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. Looks like Mama pulled off another great party. Hats off to you! Happy 3rd Birthday Mia! We LOVE you!

Aunt Christine, Uncle John & Hannah

Laurie said...

Wowza! That is one over-the-top party. I love it! The cake, the outfit, everything looks perfect :)
I can't believe how fast time is passing.
Happy Birthday Mia!