Monday, February 06, 2012

Mia's Hair bows


Today I decided to make a little video to show you how I make Mia's hair bows. After spending hours searching the internet I have come up with my own template and easy way to make these bows and I wanted all of you to be in the know too.  Here is one I made today, in about 10 minutes - sooooo easy.  The only tricky part is when you pinch the ribbon together just before you wrap it with thread.
Play with it a few times, you will have no problem making them.
E-mail me if you have any questions.

***For those of you that are concerned about your daughter pulling her hair bows out, make sure you place the clip at the very bottom of the pigtail-right on the scalp not up in the actual pigtail.  With this type of Alligator clip it has to be a pretty determined pull to get it out of the hair.

Since everyone has been asking how I get Mia's piggies to be so perfect..........................here is my secret:
The clip is placed just below the  pony band, stick through SOME of  the hair at the base of the pony.  I stack the hairbands (not wrapping the band over itself but next to it) so her hair will stand out like a "sprout" otherwise it will flop.
I know soon it will be time to cut her hair but for now we are having fun with these "ponies" as she calls them.
Finished bows



4 comments:

Christine said...

Great tutorial but I am afraid if I start I will be making hair bows to match every outfit. I can see myself every night making bows for hours at the kitchen table! A girl can get carried away you know but then again is there ever a thing as to many hair bows? Good job Mama!I might just give it a try!

Laurie said...

Hands-down the best tutorial I've seen! I love the style of your bows too. You certainly have the crafting gene!

A template should be the answer to my lopsided problem. I'm so glad you made this video.

PS Love the watch :)

Cora said...

Cute I will have to try this. Although I still have trouble with them being ripped out.

Jonni said...

This is the bomb girlfriend! Thanks for sharing it and I had no idea you made the bows you sent the girls. They are AMAZING! Thank you so much. :)

Hugs,
Jonni