Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Today - Martyr Park

Kerri, it was a rainy day & we are in China soooooooooo all of the children MUST be over dressed. She is carrying a little Asian doll that was sent over in her RedThread care package. We received back everything that was sent to her along with the clothes she was wearing and journaling from half the sky foundation. I haven't looked thru the journal as it is in Chinese and need to get it translated but will do that in Guanhzhou. *It's 12:28 am Thursday and I'm sitting here at the computer. Went to bed earlier as I was totally spent from Mia not bonding well with daddy and somewhere around 10:45pm I woke back up for no reason only to find little Mia sitting up in her crib quietly as could be not bothing a soul. Not sure why she woke up as she has been a sound and I mean a sound sleeper. I held her for a bit, gave lots of smooches and tucked her back in bed. So, here I sit-awake- eating my cold left over fried rice from dinner-no way could I sit to eat tonight, our little girl was ready to roll and proceeded to drag me all over the dining room-Houdini even almost got the table cloth off our table while it was completely full. I dont know how this moma got the lightening fast speed to save the 2 full glasses of Coke :) Whatelse should I share.....ummmmm yep-changed that yucky diaper........(Kerri) I didn't gag either (think I was way to tired & she is way too cute) but the scent of that heavenly babe of mine still lingers in my nare even after I took her to the sink to clean that masterpiece away :) Oh motherhood, did I expect to not wash my hair, brush my teeth or care what the hell I look like in China....nope!! It's amazing but all we care about is this little girl :) We are in love, even daddy sneaks in a smooch or two even though she still it not totally convinced he is ok but she keeps an eye on him when he moves about and always knows just where he is. Neat trick we have come up with to clear out Mia's congestion..........have daddy pick her up and mommy walk out of sight....Oh Yea....screams like a banshee, best thing since Albuterol. (I could only pack so much) She is feeling much better since taking Tylenol and Motrin. Our guide tells us they are going to take us to Walmart tomorrow (you all know how I feel about that store) expect some interesting photo opportunities as she says they sell live "things" for food there-Eweeeeeeeeeeee. As long as it doesn't have fur I will be ok with it. Remember that thing I spoke about with you all ?? That thing called over stimulation???? I think they missed that little conversation over here, we have been taking Mia to the busiest, loudest and most light flashing of places. Today at the park apparently it was "field trip" day for thousands of kids and WE became the point of their interest-I swear if I see us on You Tube.....they took video, pictures and actually walked with us and interviewed ummmmm interrogated us about their country. This internet is driving me crazy tonight, think I will go to bed myself since it's not gonna be possible to post more pics. More tomorrow................. :)

12 comments:

Jonni said...

I absolutely love this one! Such a sweet shot of you and your sweetie. I loved catching up with you last night (your morning). Sorry my mic was messed up. Thank you for taking the time to do that with me. I know you have a lot going on. You guys are doing so great and are such an awesome mommy and daddy already. Only 2 more days until GZ! :)

Love,
Jonni

KBussell said...

Where is the sling carrier? Is it cold there? Love you Mia, Aunt Kerri

Anonymous said...

You two look so cute together. Like she belongs right there in your arms. Enjoy every minute!

KBussell said...

OMG my face hurts so bad I am crying! U rock Mommy dirty diaper and and no makeup and no pretty hair and even no shower, way toooo funny! Love the nebulizer, that is thinking outside of the box!! Way to go paramedic! So proud of both of you. Trust me it will get easier!! Love you all, Kerri

Uncle Steve said...

Hi Gina,

Nice to see the pictures and the way you all are bonding. We are all excited to see and hear what is going on. Stevie, Em & Aunt Rain are glued to the blog.

Gordon, not to worry. All girls treat their fathers as strangers. That is, until their older and they find out where you wallet is. LOL

Stay safe and keep those blogs coming.

Uncle Steve

Shelley said...

You both look so content together. Like you were meant to be. ; ) Have fun! You so deserve this.

Jonni said...

Just read the update you added. Glad all is well and sounds like Mia is quite the acrobat (lol). I know what you mean about the dirty diapers. The first one of Sofia's about knocked me down and then I just got used to it. Plus, like you said, Mia is soooo cute! Who cares how much her diaper smells when she is that adorable (lol). :)

Jonni said...

LOL! Just read the last part of your post, sorry I missed that the first time. Wait until you get to Shamian Island - there is a school there and the kiddos are so adorable. They will give you forms to fill out. :) Don't forget to go to Jordan's and Lucy's on Shamian Island and take pics with the statues. Mr. Jordan is so nice and will do a free calligraphy of Mia's name if he is there, His shop has some great stuff too (the left side is the best).

Anonymous said...

Gina,Gordon, and Mia
Hope everyone is doing great. Do you realize its been over a day since you posted picture? Need more. I think its called withdrawal. See you soon!
Sue Norris

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Oh yeah.... over stimulation... if Shauna is near bedtime and gets over stimulated... forget it... but during the day and not at bed time she can handle all that over stimulation... you will learn all her little 'ways'... so happy for you all...

Barbara said...

I am enjoying these photos and reminiscing about our family day almost 5 years ago!! these are so precious! keep 'em coming!!!

Cora said...

Oh Gina! finally got time to read. I know exactly how you feel. Make-up... why the heck did I pack that. Eating... yeah right they should call it baby wrestling :). Chloe did start to warm up to her daddy a little after the change of scenery and going to Guangzhou. She would stop screaming if I was out of site so sometimes Jim just took her for walks on the island alone. It helped when we got to the plane she was ok with him but she is still a mama's girl and I love it.
Every Morning Chloe and I get up looking for Mia pic's :) The connection will get better in GZ. Take care of that spicy Hunan girl!