Saturday, April 09, 2011

Summer Palace & Hutong Tour

*Click pics for larger view



Our Tour guide Marcia-LOVE HER!







We spent today walking (again) on the grounds of the largest imperial garden in existence in China (Summer Palace). My lower legs are so fatigued from all of this walking, great exercise and I can see why everyone here is so thin, they walk EVERYWHERE. I certinally am not drinking enough water becauuuuuuuuuuuuse I don't want to squatty during the day :) So lack of H20 and lots of exercise make for some interesting leg cramps. I am trying to drink up once we get back to the hotel but even then we fall asleep around 7 or 8pm. Gordon has been asleep since 8pm already and I am trying to stay awake to post some pics. We leave for Changsha tomorrow.



After the park our guide Marcia took us over for a Huntong tour on Rickshaws. Totally a fun ride around the lake (which by the way has 100 bars around it). No we didn't stop for alcohol, though it would have been wonderful I knew one drink would put me out-seriously, I am that tired.

Do they wear you completely out prior to meeting your child so you think meeting and becoming a new parent in China is not so exhausting??? OMG!


I had a meltdown today after we were on the rickshaws. These guys work harder than I could ever imagine and get paid very little-they seem to all be so very happy too, it just broke my heart. Here we have everything and they have nothing. The population in Beijing alone is estimted to be greater than 22 million! The estimated population in the county we live in is 379,448. I swear I will never complain about anything ever again.

Here are a few pictures from today, same ones that are on FB-sorry, too tired and had to pack.

8 comments:

Jonni said...

Gina,

Those images are amazing and I can imagine how tired you must be. Heck, you guys are going to need to rest on Sunday, just so you have some energy when you meet Mia on Monday. :) I am totally staying up late on Sunday to see Mia in your arms. Love you girl!

P.S. I know what you mean, after you leave China you feel so appreciative for all that we have here in the US.

Hugs,
Jonni

Our Journey to Caydence said...

We went to the same places, We too were exhausted also. But just think in a day or 2 your name will be mommy. The most precious name a woman can ask for. Congratulations again, I am so excited for you guys..

Anonymous said...

So enjoying your posts. You look like you are having a wonderful time. Makes me super anxious to get there. Can't wait to see Mia in your arms. Michele
(slowboattochina on RQ)

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Love looking at the pics here and on FB... you are taking me to those places I never got to... hugs...

Cora said...

Oh this so takes me back, we went through tons of water in China and we were out before 8 almost every night. Take it easy on your travel day! I can't wait to see Mia, hope you get a decent connection in Changsha we had a hard time.

Jonni said...

It's 1:55pm on Sunday in China right now. Can you believe in less than 24 hours Mia will finally be in your arms. It has been a journey of almost 5 years and now it is finally time. I am overjoyed for you Gina. XOXOXO, Jonni

KBussell said...

Ok Mommy, hope you are resting up for my Niece she is going to need all of your energy tomorrow :) Love ya girl, drink your water! Your partner, Kerri

Jonni said...

Gina, this is the day! Should be almost 6:30am where you are. How exciting! Just think, tonight Mia is going to be resting her sweet head in that crib beside your bed. :)