Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ready to go....


Here we are at 11:19am, waiting to be picked up at 2:30 and be taken to the Civil Affairs office to finally meet our Mia!

I am in a fog, trying to unpack our luggage and put things away so we will have a clutter free room when we return back with our daughter. The more I unpack the harder it is for me to remember what I have or have not moved around. Gordon is of course his usual calm, unlike his wife.

Diaper bag is packed and waterproof mascara has been applied (note puffy eyes from constant crying )


****The internet connections here in Changsha are sketchy so we will post whenever we can.

7 comments:

Jonni said...

HOT DAMN Guys! It's time!!!! Good luck Gina & Gordon. It's time to become a family of three with sweet Mia! Can't wait for the next update and we love you guys. ♥♥♥

Hugs.
Jonni

Anonymous said...

Yay! So close, these last few hours must seem like days to you! Mia is so blessed to be your daughter!

Love,
Johnna

Jimh. said...

SOON!! That last couple of hours went by very fast! Then they basically said, "here ya go, bye!"

Cora said...

Breathe!! I can't believe she is so close to her family!

Anonymous said...

You are due to be picked up in few minutes to go meet Mia! Just minutes away from meeting your daughter! Can't wait to see pictures of you with Mia!
cali

NKJM said...

I hope it went well for you today!

Nan

Andrea said...

Can't wait to see your first post after you get your Mia. Honestly I didn't cry although I choked up once from hearing my husband crying. We saw our daughter in the hall and of course she was the one crying and crying hard and all of a sudden because he couldn't stand that she was so frightened he lost it. I think his tears may have scared her so she clung to me. It will be fine.