Tuesday, August 05, 2008

26 months and boredom




Yes, another month has gone bye........26 to be exact. Nothing to blog about since there is nothing new to report on the adoption front. Hopefully after the Olympics things will change.
Boredom will bring out the strangest things...first I made a quilt, now I am working on a scrap quilt. Well lookie here I have made a purse too-out of placemats- go figure. I found a blog on the web and thought hey I can do that..............ok so the actual outside of the purse, no problem the problem is the liner, snap and making it look clean and pretty so you can't see the seams. I figured this $3.00 placemat would retail for about $175.00 to $200.00 if I had to count my hours worked on getting that liner just right. Here is a picture of my work, might be the first and last one I do! But it is cute isn't it? Click on the pic to see the close up.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

So cute! I just can't seem to get the hang of sewing. I should take a class or something....

Anonymous said...

Yes, you will make another one. Because you do not have another quilt planned :)
K

Linda said...

Great looking purse!! Good job. Sometimes sewing can really be frustrating. Linda

Shelley said...

Very cute. You are so crafty. Wish I had that talent.

I sure hope you're right about the Olympics. I keep thinking it's gotta pick up once the entire country isn't focused on this event.

Jonni, John & Sofia said...

Congrats on being 26 months closer to baby Mia. Girl, you amaze me with your creativity. This bag is fab!!! I love it. Once you can get the process down so you can do it faster, you could set up a blog and sell these or sell them on Etsy. Just beautiful. I want one (lol)!

Hugs,
Jonni