Sunday, March 09, 2008

Bad Blogger

Yep, that's me....I certainly haven't put much into this blog of late. I guess with the never ending wait I lost a bit of interest. What am I going to tell that you haven't already heard? Anyway....I have been occupying my time with the Great Dane rescue and boy am I glad I have something else to focus on. On my end, work is good...Kerri and I have been moved to a temporary station while we wait for our new station to be constructed. The station we are at now is VERY busy and we spend most of our time on the road...no more time for quilting and baking these days. Can I tell you something??? Folks....if you have the flu and have been home sick for a few days PLEASE drive yourself to the doctor DON'T call 911 as you probably are not dying! It is peak flu season and some people just don't understand the concept of an emergency. Just remember if you call an ambulance for your flu, the neighbor that is actually having a heart attack will have to wait just a bit longer for the next closest ambulance to come to their house because we (the closest rescue) are transporting you to the ER. Not trying to be negative here just a little public education if you will. OK my rant is over.
I will have to update my recipe blog over the week as I have been a baking fool. Whenever I am stressed I bake and this wait makes me stressed! My partner, Kerri - her husband has this killer "quickie cheese cake" recipe that I tried and it definately is blog worthy. We will call it a donish as it tastes like a cheese danish and the guys at work coined that phrase for "fluffy good stuff" that is bad bad bad for you. Anything that the fat grams outweigh the protein content must be good!
Will try and do better at posting.....still want to keep all of your attention, I miss my comments. :) Off to post a recipe now......don't forget to go look.

2 comments:

Jonni, John & Sofia said...

Hi sweetie,

So glad to hear that you are doing well. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. That's great news that you are getting a new fire station (please tell Kerri "hi" as well please). Can't wait to check out the new recipes. Miss you my friend.

Love,
Jonni
;)

Jonni, John & Sofia said...

BTW, love your new icon on your blogger site. It's really cute! I also did one of those and I think it's neat when people save your blog it comes up.

Take care.

Love,
Jonni:)