Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cookie Time!



A few weeks ago I told you about a baby shower I am throwing, well it's this weekend. I also told you that I was going to try Royal Icing....did it. Here are some pictures of the cookies I made with the help of Kerri, my partner at work. After seeing the price $$$ of a cookie bouquet I decided to try and re-create them myself. The cookie recipe is from my mother-in-law, it's a shortbread and the frosting is Royal icing that is made w/Meringue powder. It took a few hours to get the hang of icing but we finally mastered it! Yes, that's a syringe....it worked MUCH better than the frosting tips. CLICK ON the pictures for a close up. I will put the recipes up on my recipe blog tomorrow....after my test at work. Tonight I need to study for a few hours so no more blogging for now.
**By the way...it's going to be a boy, that's why all the blue and no pink on the cookies (In case you wondered).





5 comments:

Donna said...

You have more patience than I!!! Cookies look great!

Michelle said...

Oh, those are so cute. And look so yummy!

Carol said...

Hey, loved the cookies!!

And hey, have a look at this baby ecards. I think u'll like them.

Stacy said...

Those look GREAT!!!

Jonni said...

Yum, yum :)