Sunday, December 03, 2006

Holiday baking time


We are getting a cool snap down here tonight and that jump started my holiday baking.

Don't know why but when it gets cold or rainy out all I want to do is bake.

Tonight I made my first yearly batch of holiday cookies "Biscotti" is what we call them. Not the kind you are thinking about, these are not the "dunk in your coffee type". This is a recipe that has been passed down for generations in my family and every year at Christmas I bake these. All my childhood memories come rushing back when I bit into this cookie, my mom used to make them every holiday and for weddings. I remember when I was little (somewhere around 4 or 5) standing at the kitchen counter and rolling out these little yummies and then getting to frost and decorate them. I posted the recipe on my recipe blog if you would like to give them a try...it's super easy and quick to make. I will make many more batches of these over the next few weeks and add more colors to my frosting. Usually do yellow, green, red & blue with each color having different flavor. These are Lemon & Anise flavored.
**Warning, these are addicting!

1 comment:

a&mg said...

I'd love to try some new recipes this year for holiday baking, so thanks for sharing!