Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Kitchen disaster



This weekend my friend "surgery Barb" was over and we were in the kitchen while I was cooking dinner. When I went to take out the roasting pan from the double oven (on the wall) the door totally broke off while it was fully extended open. It was like slow motion @ 400 degrees! There was absolutely nothing I could do to catch it so BAM ! on the floor it went. Dogs went running, glass was flying and we were just in shock, then my husband broke out in laughter because we just finished putting up all the new cabinet doors about 5 hours earlier. Glad he was in the room too when it happened 'cause he wouldn't have believed me. Great now another 2 months with a hole in the wall...it will take DeSears atleast that long to replace it.
*I still have 2 more ovens to use*



3 comments:

Jonni said...

Hi Gina,

It's good to know I am not the only person who has "kitchen disasters"! Although mine usually has to do with some really bad food I create. I hope you can get your oven fixed soon and best of luck with your next meal. :)

Sandy said...

Oh dear, what a mess! Did your husband ask if you really didn't want to cook then why didn't you just say so? (smile)

Stacy said...

Ouch!! Looks like take-out for a while.