Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Baby Duckies!!!




I tried to take a short nap after I got home form work today but as soon as I plopped myself down on the bed I heard peep, peep, peep, peep, peeping sounds.

Guess the mother in me took over, I got up, went outside and found 12-13 baby duckies without their mother. **Yesterday I found a ton of duck feathers and assumed one had been attacked by something-guess that's why they were alone. None of the other ducks would claim them either, we watched like hawks to see if mom would come back. Gordon and I collected all 12 or 13 of them( they are little squirms, it was hrd to get an actual head count) and then called a wildlife rehab center that is nearby. They told us they would send someone over to get the babies.
In the meantime we fed them some baby bird formula and they all went to sleep - cute. We always find something in our yard that's why we have on hand bird formula. He are a few shots of them.
The rehab volunteer has picked up the babies as of 7:30 pm and they are in good hands now.
I just wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I had left those babies by themselves.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

What cute little things!